Surveys and Sampling
do you mean I need a Survey!!
- Many builders are surprised to find out they
need an asbestos survey before they can demolish or renovate a house. This regulation
has been enforced by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Environmental
Protection and applies to any activity that may cause an unmonitored release of asbestos fibers.
- Most towns will not issue a demolition permit until the owner provides evidence that the building is asbestos free.
Now what do I do?
How Much Will it Cost Me?
- Simple. Call us. An asbestos building
survey must be done by an asbestos inspector, licensed in the Commonwealth
of Massachusetts. At Banner Environmental, we pride ourselves in responding
quickly and getting your paperwork back to you so you can get back to your
- Our asbestos surveys are probably the most affordable
in the industry. Because each home is different, the cost will vary depending
on the materials used in the house. But, the price for a single family residence
can be as little as $350.00.
Last piece of advice...
- If you are doing renovations/demolition you need to complete a notification to the DEP/DOS. This "permit" can be competed on-line. Call 617-626-1111 for help.
- Remember, if you fail to complete the proper paperwork it will result in delays, fines or both. And don't forget to check with your local authorities too.