Asbestos Abatement Supervisor
Position: The Asbestos Abatement Supervisor must be able to work and supervise asbestos abatement projects, abiding by and maintaining strict compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations in addition to company standards and established health and safety protocols. A successful candidate will be fully experienced in all aspects of executing all types of asbestos abatement projects from initial containment to final clearance.
- Year-round, steady hours with OT available.
- All classes and licenses required are paid by Banner.
- Competitive pay based on performance.
- Full benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, medical, flexible spending account, matching 401K, and company apparel.
- Supervises and directs the activities of asbestos abatement personnel engaged in removing asbestos from ceilings, walls, floors, and other structures.
- Inspects work site for local, state and federal compliance and confers with industrial hygienists, architects, consultants, and engineers concerning asbestos abatement work practices and safety standards.
- Reviews work orders and requisitions and determine priorities; estimates project completion time; assigns work tasks to field team; inspects completed work projects for conformance with accepted asbestos abatement standards.
- Makes estimates of materials necessary for the completion of projects. • Correctly completes all necessary project and employee-related documentation.
- This position is an onsite working supervisor and as such, the jobs require the ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions and environments for possible extended periods.
- MA Licensed Asbestos Supervisor is required.
- NH Licensed Asbestos Supervisor is required.
- Experience in various aspects of abatement projects is required.
- The ability to read basic project specifications and drawings are required.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work/excel under deadlines and budgets.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Positive encouraging attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly – bilingual is a plus.
- Construction field experience or additional experience in related work; lead abatement or industrial cleaning, is preferred.
- Indoor Air Quality Training, OSHA 40 HAZWOPER, OSHA 10/30 Construction Safety is preferred.
About Us: We are a professional, environmental contracting company with almost 30 years of experience providing lead paint abatement, mold remediation, asbestos abatement, paint and period restoration services to Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Our mission is to deliver superior customer service and provide peace of mind while creating safe, healthy environments for our clients. We strive to accomplish this with each and every project and are looking to add like-minded ambitious individuals to our team that will assist us in accomplishing our mission.
- Asbestos: 1-2 Years (Required).
- Crew Management: 1-2 years (Required).
- License: Driver’s License (Required).
- All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well as continued verifications throughout employment.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Execution of field work involved in asbestos abatement projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Direct and supervise project-assigned labor forces including the following job classification: foremen, equipment operators, hazardous waste technicians, and emergency response crews etc. to maintain competent completion of their duties.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related MER paperwork including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Drivers Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Understand and enforce projects detailed scope-of-work to optimize strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Under general direction from Logistics Manager, Program/Project Manager and/or Division Manager, forecast and organize the cost-effective utilization of project personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors to minimize unneeded project cost resulting in higher profit.
- Work safely and ensure that the crew is working safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions, involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more. Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.qualifications
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) and 2-3 years of experience supervising abatement projects.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Qualified employees must possess the 40-hr abatement Supervisor s certification.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- TWIC preferred.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry and Lead Awareness certifications are desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
Banner Environmental Services, Inc.
- Analyzes projects to determine scope and schedule requirements to effectively bring project within budget and on schedule
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Assist in establishing, setting, and attaining goals for the Division to develop new ideas, systems and processes to improve the performance of the Company
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field required
- Minimum 10 years proven project management experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with strong leadership, management and problem solving skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Cost control forecasting and reporting experience
- Understanding of contract language and ability to define scopes of work
- Understanding of typical industry protocols including RFI Process
- Process, daily logs, and associated safety documentation
- Willingness to travel from project to project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software
Last Updated 9.15.2020
About Banner Environmental Services, Inc.
With over 25 years of experience and a team of highly-qualified technicians, Banner Environmental Services, Inc. provides environmental services for residential, municipal, commercial, and institutional projects ensuring compliance with OSHA and EPA best practices. Fully-licensed in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, covering the Greater Boston area including Cape Cod and the Islands, our services include asbestos and mold remediation, as well as testing, sampling, surveying, water clean-up, interior demolition, and more. Our mission is to provide the highest quality environmental services for our customers at fair, market-competitive prices.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Banner Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against current or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, child birth, or a related medical condition, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.