Professional Asbestos Vermiculite Insulation Services
Vermiculite is a fire-resistant mineral that was used in wall and attic insulation up through 1990. Unfortunately, the majority of the deposits were also contaminated with asbestos. Our team of licensed professional technicians provides asbestos containing vermiculite removal services eliminating the hazardous insulation from your home, commercial property, or institution.
Frequently Asked Questions About Asbestos Abatement:
Vermiculite is a silver-gold to gray-brown mineral that is flat and shiny in its natural state. When heated to around 1000 degrees C, it pops (or puffs up) which creates pockets of air. This expanded form, and the fact that vermiculite is fire-resistant, made the material suitable for use as insulation. Vermiculite is a was mainly used in wall and attic insulation up through 1990. A mine near Libby, Montana, was the source of over 70 percent of all vermiculite sold in the United States from 1919 to 1990. There was also a deposit of asbestos at that mine, so the vermiculite from Libby was contaminated with asbestos.
Technically, vermiculite is a hydrated magnesium iron aluminium silicate mineral in the form of shiny flakes, which are usually golden brown to blackish in colour.
Vermiculite itself has not been shown to be a health problem. However, some vermiculite insulation contained asbestos fibres, which can cause problems if inhaled. Not all vermiculite contains asbestos fibres, however, if you believe that your home may contain vermiculite insulation, it is reasonable to assume that it may be contaminated with asbestos.
Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral that is perfectly safe when pure. Unfortunately, an estimated 75 percent of it came from Libby, Montana, where it usually was contaminated with toxic amphibole asbestos. Exposure to asbestos is the main cause of mesothelioma, an aggressive and deadly cancer.
- Vermiculite Attic Insulation
- Vermiculite Insulation In Walls
- Vermiculite Chimney Insulation
Commercial Vermiculite Insulation Removal Services
We also offer asbestos containing vermiculite removal services for commercial, industrial and municipal buildings. View our commercial asbestos abatement services to learn more.
Hire The Right Vermiculite Insulation Removal Company
Banner Environmental Services possesses a trained, professional team of technicians who are licensed, insured, and equipped for safe, thorough asbestos containing vermiculite removal. Serving all of Rhode Island and Massachusetts including Greater Boston, Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket.
- Free Estimates - Our trained and licensed technicians assess the damage and provide a free in-person estimate.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service - With our 24-hour emergency response, we will start working as soon as possible.
- Licensed and Insured - Our team is licensed and insured to protect you throughout your project..
- Professional Equipment and Techniques - We use professional-grade equipment and advanced techniques.
- Local Professionals - Our entire team is local to Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and trained and certified to safely restore your home.
- We Work With Your Insurance Company - We accept all insurance companies and can even work with them directly.
- Over 25 Years Experience - We’ve been in business for a while and have a stellar reputation of helping homeowners safely and effectively restore their home.